Saturday, February 14, 2015

2015 ASX Stockmarket Game1 - my tips

Game1 begins on the 26th of Feb and runs till the 10th of June, 15 weeks.
Here's the link to the game:

http://www.asx.com.au/education/sharemarket-games.htm

3 prizes to be won -
1st wins $8,000
2nd wins $6,000
3rd wins $4,000

Hopefully this year's competition will be better and fairer than last years.
This comp had a trade execution flaw that allowed competitors to make unrealistic trades.
Becky, the winner of the last game, achieved a portfolio return of over 250%. Her return was completely unrealistic considering we were trading in a negative market and no single stocks returned anywhere near 250%.

The game organizers tell me they have fixed the flaw and the game will be now more realistic. Time will tell!
   
I will be constructing my fund with performance stocks. Performance stocks, with strong positive trends, tend to do well when the general market is buoyant. The ASX Index is off to strong start in 2015, up 14% since December's low, check the chart below:


I ran my technical performance screen and came up with the following short-list of stocks - which is kind of long really.

Medicals
ANN SRX CSL RHC RMD COH FPH

Materials
EVN NST SYR SIR NCM RRL AWC ORA


Real Estate
LLC WFD ABP GMG BWP

Energy
CTX ZNZ AWC

Other

TAH MFG PTM HGG REC EGP SGH IVC HVN

This list is my starting point for choosing stocks for my portfolio.
I will look to minimize my portfolio diversification to give myself a chance at achieving a really high return. 
Beware this type of strategy can also give you really low returns.

I will probably choose 4 stocks from a single sector.

Good luck!
& hope to see you on the Leader-board

No comments:

Post a Comment