Wednesday, August 5, 2015

My Fund's performance amongst Marketocracy's Masters

Marketocracy just released the performance results of their best-regarded model Fund Managers, the Marketocracy Masters.

On average the Masters did better than the S&P500. They returned 3.01% vs 2.18% year-to-date.
The majority of Masters beat the return of the S&P500; 12 of 21 managers.

The best Marketocracy Masters performers (ytd):
#1 Branko Krstevski with 36.55%    (@ a 10yr annual return of 18.4%)
#2 Wayne Himelsein with 22.69%   (@ a 10yr annual return of 14.2%)
#3 Justin Uyehara with 22.23%   (@ a 10yr annual return of 23.1%) 


Below is a detailed look at the Master's performances:




My Fund:
I am very pleased with my Fund's performance so far this year. I am invested in the Medical sector which continues to perform strongly. The Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB) is up 21.65% ytd vs 2.18% for the S&P500.
I remain optimistic about investing in this space despite many people warning we are experiencing a "biotech bubble". I believe we have more prosperous years ahead of us in biotech space. The biggest dangers we face are from raising interest rates and the possibility of a general market fall.

I will be making several changes to my fund over the next days. The changes will be in the technically-based portion of my fund. There are several companies set-up nicely that can add value to my fund and I am likely to change several positions.
I am leaving unchanged my fundamentally-based core-holdings, my core-holdings include Acadia Pharmaceuticals, Northwest Biotherapeutics, & TG Therapeutics.


Below is a list of my fund's Top15 holdings:



Next is a table of my August Watchlist;


Disclosure - Marketocracy model Funds are available for investment. Here is a link to my fund http://www.marketocracy.com/managers.php?manager=781
I do not short stocks.




No comments:

Post a Comment